Hello World :)

Welcome to Raquel N' Roll!

A person once told me that if I have to explain the joke, the joke is in fact, not funny. As an extremely humorous person, a person who laug...

Friday, June 8, 2012

And So It Ends.

Tomorrow I move out from living in the dorms. 
It is quite hard to believe that I spent a whole 10 months here, making friends here, creating memories here - living my life here.  I remember on move-in day, I didn't know what to think.  How will I like my roommates?  Do I change in my room or in the bathroom?  How will classes be?  Will I be able to live life on my own?  Questions bustled around in my poor little head for the first few weeks.  Until I created a routine, I was clueless.
Now, I am sad to have to leave behind my dorm life experience.  As annoying as it was to have people screaming down the hall at night, it will be missed.  Or making late night runs to the local donut shop, SLODOCO for late night treats.  Or even spontaneous drives to Monterey with a romantic friend.  All these things I will be sure to remember, as they have made me experience that much more meaningful to my life. 

Dear Fremont Red Brick 109,
I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow so much.  Coming in as a clueless being, and coming out as a rewarded individual, is truly amazing.  The connections I've made with so many people is astounding, and the friendships and relationship will last a lifetime.  You blessed me with 2 amazing roommates, Rebecca Reed and Kayla Wolfer, who have also helped me in my journey of self.  I will miss you both (but we ARE visiting each other over summer!).  Fremont, you showed me when the time was to have fun and when the time was to be serious.  You showed me truth and responsibility, as well as misfortune and pain.  All these lessons I will take with me and grow further for I believe now I am not the person I once was.
Thank you Fremont Red Brick 109, the dorm of guys in cowboy hats and cowboy boots~

FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE = DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  
Rebecca, Kayla, and I.  Roomies/best friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment