Hello World :)

Welcome to Raquel N' Roll!

A person once told me that if I have to explain the joke, the joke is in fact, not funny. As an extremely humorous person, a person who laug...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

San Luis Obispo, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!

Did I mention that San Luis Obispo is a beautiful place?  Well I shall state it again:
San Luis Obispo is a beautiful place.

Oh what a beautiful sunday morning.  The sun proudly shines into the sapphire skies and there isn't a cloud for miles and miles
The sunlight gently slips into my dorm, filling me with relaxation and determination.
What a perfect day for a walk.
It's 10am and I make my way to who knows where?  I decide to let my feet take me wherever that may be. There was plenty of air and plenty of room to exercise my brain and body for exploring.
My feet ended up traversing me towards the poultry unit.  Of all places in the world - err, campus, why turkeys?  As it turns out,
it's not always the destination that matters, 
it's the journey that can be the most exciting.
The path leading up to the poultry unit was absolutely magnificent.  I strolled pass the dairy cows who were quietly grazing in a pasture.  I wished them a good morning as they blissfully munched on their breakfast.
As I left the ladies to themselves, I cruised by the endless fields of the very last of the corn crop.  Their life coming to an end as they would make room for a new life to begin.
A new life to begin.
Coming up fast on this little road were the peaceful sounds of the nearby beef cattle.  Perhaps they were trying to make an impression on the ladies in the faraway pasture.  I stood and watched them for quite while as they were grazing happily on the lush, ambrosial, flourishing greens of beautiful San Luis Obispo.

  
Beautiful San Luis Obispo. 

Maybe it was the cows, or the corn, or the steers,
Maybe it was the sunshine of the morning,
Maybe it was the journey, not the destination.
Maybe it was because

I was home.

I am home.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are very satisfied with SLO. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I might have to move into Fremont Hall.

    love you,

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely thing to read this morning--hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Raquel. Sounds like a beautiful day and a wonderful walk. Hope your week is great. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I love the layout :) Have fun this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are they feeding you over there? Your not at home ,your at college. Jeeeeeez.


    Well ritten Kiddo. You lerned well
    Love you
    Dade

    ReplyDelete